Abraham Lincoln Didn’t Quit !!!
Probably the greatest example of perseverance & persistence is Abraham Lincoln. If we want tolearn about somebody who didn’t quit, look no further. I am sure u will feel amaze with Abraham Lincoln great determination.
Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He losteight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown.
He could have quit many times - but he didn’t and because he didn’t quit, hebecame one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country.
Lincoln was a champion and he never gave up. Here is a sketch of Lincoln’s roadto the White House:
· 1816: His family wasforced out of their home. He had to work to support them.
· 1818: His motherdied.
· 1831: Failed inbusiness.
· 1832: Ran for statelegislature - lost.
· 1832: Also lost hisjob - wanted to go to law school but couldn’t get in.
· 1833: Borrowed somemoney from a friend to begin a business and by the end of the year he wasbankrupt. He spent the next 17 years of his life paying off this debt.
· 1834: Ran for statelegislature again - won.
· 1835: Was engaged tobe married, sweetheart died and his heart was broken.
· 1836: Had a totalnervous breakdown and was in bed for six months.
· 1838: Sought tobecome speaker of the state legislature - defeated.
· 1840: Sought tobecome elector - defeated.
· 1843: Ran forCongress - lost.
· 1846: Ran forCongress again - this time he won - went to Washington and did a good job.
· 1848: Ran forre-election to Congress - lost.
· 1849 Sought the jobof land officer in his home state - rejected.
· 1854: Ran for Senate ofthe United States - lost.
· 1856: Sought theVice-Presidential nomination at his party’s national convention - got less than100 votes.
· 1858: Ran for U.S.Senate again - again he lost.
1860:Elected president of the United States.
Origins: The unsourced"Abraham Lincoln Didn’t Quit" list is a ubiquitous piece of Americanhistorical glurge.
Do u like to share any opinion on this story.
Just leave a comment. THANKS